<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please reread what I wrote. That's not at all what I posted. What I said is that I personally am too loyal to the original concepts in the books to want to purchase dolls that don't look like the original concepts. However, I went on to say that I feel it is everyone's right to buy whatever doll they want, and never said doing so is being disloyal to anything.Originally posted by cami713:
I really wish people would stop pointing fingers, saying that anyone who buys Elizabeth is disloyal to the original company or the books. . . . I really don't appreciate being told that I am disloyal to the books . . .
In addition, I questioned why the one reference to Nellie's hair that I have seen in AG books (brown) did not match up to the doll. I wasn't basing this on illustrations, but on text.
Also, although I didn't mention this, I think Nellie the doll's hair length matched the actress' hair length and style in the movie (pre-adoption, etc.). It seems Nellie the doll was made to look more like the actress than the Nellie portrayed in the books. Which I don't have a problem with--I'm just saying this because I think the friend dolls are more of a movie tie-in than a book tie-in. Which is fine. I liked Samantha's movie and I'm sure I'll like Felicity's, too. All I meant by what I said is that I personally can't accept changes. It doesn't mean others can't or are wrong for doing so.
I am hurt that you took my comments in a way completely unintended. I apologize for not wording what I wrote in a way that might have been more clearly understood.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 12, 2005 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>





Bookmarks